Westgate Chambers is once again recognised in the Legal 500 as a Leading Set. Particular congratulations to those junior members who appear in the rankings for the first time.
Westgate Chambers is best known for criminal and family law. On the crime side, members are adept at prosecuting and defending in general and regulatory crime cases, while in the family practice, the predominant area of instruction is public law care proceedings. James Still is senior clerk and Paul Tuffs is deputy senior clerk. Offices in: Lewes
Westgate Chambers (Chambers of Richard Barton and John Collins) has been recommended in the following practice area:
– South Eastern Circuit – Leading sets – South Eastern Circuit – Leading sets
10 barristers are listed in the “Leading juniors” list, The Legal 500 United Kingdom 2017’s guide to outstanding juniors nationwide.
South Eastern Circuit – Crime – Crime – Leading juniors
– Christopher Prior Prosecutes and defends across a panoply of criminal cases.
– Gareth Burrows Experienced in defence work across a range of criminal matters.
– Jonathan Atkinson Experienced in prosecuting sensitive and complicated matters.
– Nicholas Hamblin His regulatory work covers licensing and animal welfare cases.
– Richard Barton Known for defending and prosecuting motor death cases.
– Sarah Lindop Highly experienced in sexual offence matters.
South Eastern Circuit – Family and children law – Family and children law – Leading juniors
– Amanda Clarke Her practice incorporates all aspects of law regarding family life.
– Jennifer Collins Experienced in contact and residence disputes.
– Maria Hancock Highly experienced in children law work.
– Michael Valks Recommended for private law children work.