“A very skilful advocate who exudes charm and confidence.”
Richard defends and prosecutes criminal work, including related regulatory and linked civil matters. Richard is repeatedly praised for both his advocacy skills and the quality of his advice.”
The CPS class him as a top-grade prosecutor, and he often works in London, the South East and Wessex, where he is instructed by their Complex Crime Units and Organised Crime Division.
His defence practice covers the same high-end areas of work. He is regularly briefed as the lead advocate in homicides, serious sex offences, frauds, and the most complex and high-profile criminal cases. Richard has particular experience in defending and prosecuting motor death cases.
Richard is a Grade 4 Prosecutor London and South East and Wessex and is rape approved.
Achievements, appointments and memberships
- Ranked in Chambers & Partners 2024
- Kennet Comprehensive School
- St Peter’s College, Oxford, B.A. (Oxon.) 1st Class Honours, B.C.L.
- Called to the Bar 1990, Lincoln’s Inn, Hardwicke and Denning Scholarships, ICSL Studentship
- Lecturer in Law, The Queen’s College, Oxford 1989-99
- Junior Counsel to the Crown – Civil (Provincial) List 2000-2007
- South Eastern Circuit
- Criminal Bar Association
- Sussex Bar Mess
- CPS Grade 4 Advocate
Click here to see a summary of Richard’s most notable cases.