Our criminal barristers specialise in firearms offences.
Our criminal barristers have the specialist experience to deal with every type of firearms offence, from possession of an imitation firearm to conspiracy to supply firearms, armed robbery and murder using a firearm.
Our collective experience has taught us how to analyse the highly technical aspects of a firearms offence. This includes examining forensic evidence like gunshot residue, DNA and ballistics using our trusted network of external expert witnesses.
Areas of Criminal Law
We also know how best to proceed if the accused is or was under 18 when the offence was committed and ensuring the sentence they receive meets the relevant Sentencing Children and Young People guidelines.
Which firearms offences can our criminal barristers help you with?
Our criminal barristers have extensive experience in representing clients accused of breaking every aspect of the Firearms Act 1968 including:
- Carrying a firearm in a public place
- Carrying a firearm or imitation firearm with criminal intent
- Manufacturing, transferring or possessing a prohibited weapon or ammunition for sale ior purchase
- Possession, purchase, or acquisition of a prohibited weapon or ammunition
- Possession, purchase, or acquisition of a firearm/ammunition/shotgun without a certificate
- Possession of a firearm or ammunition by a prohibited person
- Possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life (Section 16);
- Possession of a firearm or imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence
- Revocation and suspension of shotgun certificate and firearms licenses
- Use of a firearm to resist arrest/possession of a firearm or imitation firearm while committing an offence