GoodLaw Solicitors LLP have invited Westgate Chambers to join the panel of experts at their Private Children and Domestic Abuse training event.
The event will be hosted by Emma Taylor, a family partner at GoodLaw Solicitors. It will be held from 6pm to 10pm on Wednesday, 1st March 2023 at The Old Courtroom, 118 Church Street, in central Brighton (opposite The Brighton Dome), a stone’s throw from The Royal Pavilion and our Chambers.
The panel of experts will discuss the most recent developments in Private Children and Domestic Abuse during a packed programme (kindly co-sponsored by LEAP Legal Software) that will cover:
– How parenting apps can assist and address issues with communication in Domestic Abuse cases? (led by James Evans, OurFamilyWizard)
– Is Mediation appropriate for cases involving Domestic Abuse?
(led by Jane Wells, GoodLaw Solicitors LLP)
– Domestic Abuse and Police-led orders: An overview
(led by Jack Horlock, Weightmans)
– How LiPs can be supported within proceedings involving Domestic Abuse?
(Led by Ali Byam, Support Through Court)
– Is a Fact Finding Hearing necessary? The Courts approach to allegations of Domestic Abuse and application of PD 12J.
(led by Jodie Cudworth, Westgate Chambers)
– Understanding coercive control and the impact on children.
(Led by Dr Emma Katz, Associate Professor in Sociology, Durham University and Author of Coercive Control in Children’s and Mothers’ Lives)
Afterward the discussions, guests are invited to join the speakers for drinks and further conversation.
This is a free (and exclusively in-person) Private Children and Domestic Abuse training event, space is limited to 150 people, and it is a strictly invite only event open only to solicitors and barristers.