Gareth is a talented and persuasive Jury Advocate who Prosecutes and Defends
in a broad range of criminal matters ranging from serious violence and high
level drug supply to offences of dishonesty and public order offences. A
legal 500 barrister and grade 3 prosecutor, he is regularly instructed in
multi handed and complicated trials both as led junior and junior alone.
He has prosecuted on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions and
Department for Business Innovation and Skills
- LLB First Class (Hons)
- Criminal Bar Association
- Sussex Bar Mess
- CPS Grade 3 Advocate
- R-v-McDonagh (& others) – Led Junior in a three
month trial at Winchester Crown Court involving ten members of an
extended family accused of conspiracy to steal caravans and money
laundering. Defendant acquitted.
- R v Maynard (& others) Led Junior in a three
month trial at Hove Crown Court involving four defendants on charges of
conspiracy to supply drugs, firearms offences and perverting the course
of justice. Jury unable to reach a verdict.
- R v Maynard (& others) Led Junior in retrial
resulting in successful acquittal.
- R v Bridger (& others) Led Junior in a trial
involving prison officers, prisoners and their families conspiring to
bring prohibited items such as class A drugs into HMP Lewes.
- R v Corcoran (& others) Led Junior in multi
million pound drug conspiracy involving seventeen defendants.
- R v Martin Tulik (& others) Prosecuting Multi
handed s18 involving serious and extensive injuries. Complex case
without a victim.
- R v Brimon (& another) Prosecuting s18 involving
expert evidence with victim left requiring 24 hour care for the rest of
- R v Potts Firearms offenses.
- R v DC Number of sexual offences involving
complicated legal argument on cross admissibility of counts and the
admissibility of hearsay.
- R v Prempeh (& others) Prosecution of multi
handed drugs conspiracy.
- R v Lipowski Defending case of causing death by